Moving into February there is still a risk of frost, however spring is just around the corner and there are lots of things to do in the garden including:-
- Rhubarb, horseradish, asparagus and artichokes can be planted in February.
- Prune winter-flowering shrubs that have finished flowering.
- Cut back deciduous grasses left uncut over the winter.
- Harvest the last of your parsnips, turnips and swedes - cover the ground with fleece or straw to stop them freezing solid in the ground and make harvesting easier.
- Check the greenhouse is in good order and give it a clean before it is pressed into service.
- Last chance to plant bare-rooted raspberries.
- Check your stored plants such as fuschias and geraniums and if they are shrivelled water them slightly.
- Check your mower is ready for the season ahead and arrange a service if necessary.